Summertime In Brooklyn Means (Non-Hipster) Car Shows
“Eyoh! That Bel Air is byooteeful!” Time to show it off at Floyd Bennett field.
Summer car shows are as American as, well, summer car shows. In South Brooklyn, far from where most of the hipsters live (for now), Italian-Americans and other classic Brooklynites display their gleaming Detroit iron at the Antique Automobile Association of Brooklyn's big annual show.
Giuliana! Go get me a prosciut' sandwich at Frank and Sal's! I gotta go polish the winder chrome on my Cadillac!
- RELATED8 Cars That Legally Can’t Cross the Brooklyn BridgeHigh rollers and urban cowboys, look away.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla Has a New Showroom Headed to BrooklynThere goes the neighborhood? Or a decent place to sip espresso?READ NOW
- RELATEDDetroit Is Not BrooklynHowever imperfect, the Motor City is best served straight up, without the NYC pretense, argues our chief auto critic.READ NOW
- RELATEDGo Deep in The Drive’s Brooklyn BunkerA space like no other, built to house a car website like no other.READ NOW
- RELATEDWe Tried Scooter Racing at the OfficeIt didn’t go well.READ NOW