How to Change Your Transmission Fluid in 2 Minutes
It may be out of sight and out of mind, but transmission fluid needs love, too.
Transmission fluid is the wallflower of your car's myriad liquid needs. While gasoline is the popular kid everyone knows and talks about, and oil is the guy who plays three sports and still manages a full load of AP classes, transmission fluid sits quietly in the back, out of sight and out of mind. But that doesn't make it any less important.
In this installment of The Build, writer-at-large Benjamin Preston shows you just how quick and easy changing the fluid on your (automatic transmission-equipped) car can be. All you need are a few simple tools, a little bit of time, and a really sweet hat.
(Note: Really sweet hat optional, but Ben Preston makes it look so good.)
- RELATEDThe Build: How to Change Your OilDon't worry, it's not as hard as you (might) think.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Build: How to Check Your Oil, Tire PressureWe're starting things off real simple.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow To Buy A Ford GTWant Ford's new supercar? You'd better have followers.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow to Crash Your LaFerrari in HungaryMoney doesn’t buy infamy, but being a terrible driver can.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow to Cut Metal with an Acetylene TorchThe blow torch has a cool name, but if you don't observe a few safety rules, the whole thing could blow.READ NOW