Brabus Shoves 888 Horsepower Into a Mercedes-Maybach S650
The tuner gives the classiest of Mercedes the Brabus touch, and we love it.
If, for some reason, Mercedes' AMG performance division isn't extreme enough for your tastes, call up the folks at Brabus in Bottrop, Germany to have your luxury Merc turned into a supercar-killing monster.
Meet Brabus' latest creation, based on the top-of-the-line Mercedes-Maybach S650, which itself is based on the Mercedes-Benz S-Class. Dubbed the Brabus 900, it shouldn't be confused with the Brabus Rocket 900, which is Brabus' recreation of the drop-top Mercedes-AMG S65 Cabriolet.
That said, the Brabus 900 shares most of its performance specs with its convertible cousin. Brabus bored out the Maybach's 6.0-liter V-12 to 6.3 liters and added two larger turbochargers. The result is 888 brake-horsepower and 1,106 pound-feet of torque, enough to give you some serious whiplash if you go anywhere near the throttle. This shoots the 6,173-pound luxury car to 62 mph in 3.7 seconds and up to 217 mph, rivaling hypercars like the Porsche 918 Spyder.
It's not like the regular S650 isn't a capable beast though, the power gains don't seem as staggering when you take into consideration what the stock Maybach puts out. The biturbo V-12's 621 hp and 738 lb.-ft of torque are nothing to scoff at, and the car rockets from zero to 60 mph in 4.6 seconds from the factory.
With 300 S650s in the world and just 75 destined for U.S. soil we aren't sure that modifying one like this will make Mercedes happy, but turning such a heavy luxury vehicle into a true performance car is an impressive feat.
- RELATEDBrabus Tastefully Tunes Mercedes-Benz E-ClassNo over the top build like you are used to seeing with Brabus.READ NOW
- RELATEDIs This Golden 900-HP Brabus-Tuned Mercedes S-Class Great, or Garbage?We genuinely can't make up our minds as to whether we like this or not.READ NOW
- RELATEDCan Someone Explain the Point of This Brabus-Tuned Smart Car?Based off the Smart Fortwo, this compact car may be the most confusing vehicle on the tuner market.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Brabus-STARTECH Bentley Bentayga Is Downright SexyThe aftermarket group turns out a comely vision that fixes the ute's weird butt.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Custom 1100-HP Mercedes E63 AMG S Is an Amazing Sleeper"Old-person" Mercedes this is not, as this car can smoke the likes of Lamborghini and Ferrari with ease.READ NOW