600-Horsepower Audi TT Clubsport Turbo Concept Debuts at SEMA
Plus some other SEMA-inspired Audis touched up by the Audi Sport division.
First on the list of Audi's offerings is the TT Clubsport Turbo concept, inspired by the iconic Audi 90 IMSA GTO race car from the 1980s. The TT's 2.5-liter 5-cylinder engine has been boosted to 600 horsepower thanks to a new electric-assisted turbocharger, allowing this TT to scamper to 62 miles per hour in 3.6 seconds, up to a top speed of nearly 193 mph. The TT Clubsport imitates the Audi 90's look as well, featuring huge racing fender, wider stance, and an adjustable carbon fiber wing.
Car No. 2 from Audi's performance offshoot is an Audi TT RS loaded with Audi Sport's performance parts, which are currently available for the full TT lineup and R8 supercar. This TT RS features an adjustable coilover suspension, Akrapovic-tuned titanium exhaust system, upgraded brakes, lightweight 20-inch wheels wrapped in grippy performance tires, upgraded chassis, and aero pieces for maximum downforce. Step inside to find Audi Sport's new steering wheel featuring carbon fiber shift paddles.
The last car to grace Audi's booth at SEMA this year is McCann Racing's R8 LMS. Motorsport may not have a huge place at the Las Vegas event, but the R8 LMS shares half of its parts with its road-going brother. Since its debut at Geneva in 2015, the R8 LMS has had major success in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship, Pirelli World Challenge, and 24 Hours Nürburgring.
SEMA show-goers can find this trio of high-performance Audis on display in the North Hall from October 31st through Nov. 3.
- RELATEDAudi Sport Not In Any Hurry To Build Halo Car, Report SaysCrossovers and EVs come first for the Ingolstadt marque.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Tuned Audi RS3 Run a 10.55 Second Quarter-MileAPR has turned the RS3 into a bona fide ten-second car with just a Stage 1 ECU tune.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Audi RS5 is U.S. Bound, Audi Sport Brand LaunchesThe brand's newly redesigned sport coupe is headed our way.READ NOW
- RELATEDAudi Will Let You Drive an R8 V10 Plus at Circuit of the AmericasRace around COTA like you're in the IMSA Weathertech Championship this week in Audi's hottest sports cars.READ NOW
- RELATEDCelebrities Adam Scott and Elizabeth Banks Do a Reddit AMA at 130 MPHTwo actors get interviewed while hot-lapping Willow Springs in an Audi TT RS. Is there a weirder interview segment online?READ NOW