Matt Farah Drives a Deafeningly Loud, 580-HP BMW M5
The latest "One Take" takes a peek at a bagged, modded E60-generation M5.
BMW M has always been the standard when it comes to putting performance to pavement. For 45 years, the Bavarian carmaker has worked tirelessly to prove that M has stood for more than just Motorsport. It has been a never-ending journey to find the right balance between race and road car resulting in The Ultimate Driving Machine.
The E60 M5 is the only BMW sedan with 10 cylinders upfront. At the time of its initial release, the 500-horsepower car was the quickest and fastest four-door in the world. This was also the last generation M5 before BMW started downsizing and turbocharging its engines. This particular M5 produces an additional 80 hp over stock thanks to aftermarket add-ons such as Agency Power High Flow headers and a Meisterschaft Section 1 & 2 exhaust. The previous owner also converted the front bumper to match that of the F80 M3.
Matt Farah had a chance to review this M5 which is driven by a 7-speed sequential manual gearbox:
- RELATEDThe Next BMW M5 Will Also Have Drift Mode, Report ClaimsAnything AMG can do, M can do better.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Modified BMW Z4M Coupe for the RacesMatt Farah checks out a track-happy BMW coupe with a sweet inline-six.READ NOW
- RELATEDBMW M5 Production Ending This Month, Report Claims [Updated]It's not all that surprising, given the arrival of the new 5 Series. But it's still a little sad.READ NOW
- RELATEDNew BMW M5 Will Have 600 HP and All-Wheel DriveThe tire-shredding prowess from M5s of yore may or may not live on in the new model.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Turbocharged Mazda Miata Fastback Is DelightfulLooks like an old British racer, drives like a Miata.READ NOW