The Drive is Sending Two Idiots in a Morgan to Set a World Record
And the $583 supply list speaks volumes.
We’re about to do a colossally stupid thing.
The Drive’s two newest contributing editors are preparing to set a world record. We cannot tell you what said record will be, nor when the attempt will happen. Just know that it involves a Morgan 3-Wheeler, egregious self-abuse and possibly snow. Naturally, our guys needed kit. I, wielding a corporate expense card liberally, offered to stock up. The supplies list they sent… lord, it just reeks of dumb:
- Foam earplugs (20x)
- Gaffer tape, heavy-duty (30 yards)
- Hand warmers (40x)
- Five-gallon utility fuel jugs (4x)
- Digital kitchen timer
- 5 Hour Energy (24x)
- Excedrin Migraine (300x)
- Motorcycle helmet headphone/radio (2x)
- Catheter kit, self-seal bags (7-day supply)
- Mechanics wire, 18-gauge, spooled (1 pound)
- Zip ties (650x)
Stay tuned, details coming soon. The results will either be epic, or we’ll have a couple of one-armed fellas running around the office. Maybe both. But, hey, what the hell? Strap on a catheter and start the kitchen timer. Let’s roll the dice.
- RELATEDThe Twofer: The Ultimate Umbrella and the Original MorganWood is good.READ NOW
- RELATEDThese Are the 11 Greatest Three-seaters EverWhen two for the road is one too few.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Team Just Broke the EV Cross-Country Record in the Tesla Model SThe secret ingredient? “Fruits and nuts.”READ NOW