Driving The Dinan S3
If we built a BMW M235i, it would leave a corner like this.
As BMW tuners go, Dinan's esteem is hard-earned. They've been modifying Bimmers for so long, some people think they're a Munich factory shop. Like //M, or Alpina.
But no. They're fully independent. Although ur-tuner Steve Dinan recently sold the Morgan Hill, California company that bears his name, those at the helm are still turning out well-rounded projects, like their S3 package, which transforms the nimble, mild-mannered M235i into a raging beast of a turbo car.
A bit of suspension tightening helps, too, making the S3 feel more sparkly than the stock M235i. And at around 10 grand all in, it's one of the best bang-per-buck tuning jobs you can get and still drive away with a warranty.
- RELATEDThe 17 Best Things We Overheard at the DUB Tuner ShowAt the NYIAS's tuner-n-mods gathering, the cars are pricy. The conversations? Priceless.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 5 Best Porsche Tuners in the WorldWith Rauh-Welt Begriff custom building a Porsche 911 in our showroom, we rundown the best P-Car tuners in the business.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche 911 Tuner RWB: Behind the Scenes at The DriveWatch Nakai-san and ItsWhiteNoise build the RWB Brooklyn at The Drive HQ.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: German Tuner Brabus Has Added Some Aggression To The Smart For-TwoREAD NOW
- RELATEDThe Miami Tuners Responsible for Yoenis Céspedes' Wildest RidesThe thing is, Cespedes isn't even this masterpiece-producing shop's biggest customer. Ever heard of Michael Jordan?READ NOW