Bunker Talk: Let's Chat About All The Stories We Didn't Report On This Week
We can talk about SR-71 missions, flawed frigates, geopolitics, the tense Azov Sea, strategy—you know, no big whoop.
Joe has held down the fort while I was away tending to some very exciting business, but we should be getting back to our normally scheduled programming now. So with a bit of reduction in coverage this week, and if the recent comments section is any indication, we have a lot to talk about.
It's time for Bunker Talk!
This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn't get to. In other words, literally an off-topic thread.
We can chat about the fact that a swarm of dicks took down a bomber squadron CO:
Or what about this terrifying video of one ferocious sea:
This premature bit of pomp and circumstance is a fairly awesome fail:
Even with all the crap bolted onto her deckhouse, USS Zumwalt still looks like it a movie prop from a high-budget futuristic military thriller:
Once again, this is an entirely open exercise, so let's get after it.
Welcome to Bunker Talk!
Contact the author: Tyler@thedrive.com
- RELATEDDeclassified: US Honors Swedish Pilots For Escorting Stricken SR-71 To Safety During Cold WarThe Blackbird had suffered an engine failure during a mission over the Baltic Sea and its crew feared that Soviet jets might be hunting for them.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis A-10 Warthog Ground Trainer Still Has A 'Tickler' Muzzle Device On Its Cannon (Updated)The device was supposed to help deal with the strain of firing the plane's gun and disperse dangerous fumes, but created its own problems.READ NOW
- RELATEDUkraine's Ports In Azov Sea Totally Cut Off As Captured Sailors Sent To MoscowUkraine wants the Bosphorus Strait closed to Russian Navy ships and NATO ships to enter the tense Azov Sea.READ NOW
- RELATEDDefunct Military Listening Post For Sale In Scotland Is A Doomsday Prepper's DreamA facility that once spied on the Russians has the potential to be a near turn-key survivalist's dream estate.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Navy's New Jammers For Its EA-18G Growlers Cut Back Their Range More Than The Old PodsThe Growlers are sorely in need of the new jamming systems, but the present pod design could create all-new issues.READ NOW