The 6 GTA 5 Mods You Need to Get
Because not playing as an orangutan seems foolish.
If the online gaming community is known for anything, a dedication to modifying PC games has to be its hallmark. After Grand Theft Auto V’s release this past April, players immediately set off in search of the best GTA 5 mods. It didn’t take long for the best—and perhaps craziest—modders to concoct a range of great GTA mods, from more realistic weather to cooler cars, and even some that allow users into a GTA version of Mario Kart.
Here are six of the best GTA 5 mods that offer a little for something for everyone—just as long as your graphics card can handle it. If you aren’t sure how to mod GTA 5, there are a trove of sites that can guide you through the process:
1. Add Real Mapping
Aside from the grit and the violence, the epic GTA franchise is known especially for its hyper-realistic renderings of cities and landscapes. The cities aren’t a one-for-one, scale-model match, but many of the details of Los Angeles can match up to the topography in the fictional dystopia of San Andreas. One way to boost the realistic touches of GTA V is through the Real Interstate Shields mod, which provides all freeways and interstates with their real-life designations.
- RELATEDGrand Theft Auto V: Executives and Other CriminalsMore wheeled mayhem from Rockstar Games.READ NOW
- RELATEDForza 6 May Save Car CultureOr, why driving simulators can—and should—consume the lives of every generation.READ NOW
- RELATEDForza Motorsport 6 is a Digital DominatrixThe latest Xbox racing sim will punish and demean. And that’s the fun of it.READ NOW
- RELATEDBehind the Scenes of Forza Motorsport 6We crashed Microsoft’s Turn 10 Studios, where Xbox’s most popular racing video game is made.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhy Need for Speed Is the Fast and Furious Game We Never GotNo Vin, no Rock, but all the schlock and heart of the FF franchise.READ NOW