Lyft Dishes Free Rides to Owners of Cars Damaged by Colorado Hail Storm
Denver saw hail as large as 2.5-inches in diameter following Monday's storm.
Lyft is giving out free rides for car owners who had to take their vehicles to mechanics after a hail storm swept through the Denver area Monday.
Lyft informed its customers about the new offer via email. To get in on the free rides, users have to type in "HAILHELP" into the promotional code entry screen on the app.
"Many vehicles were affected from this week’s surprise hail-storms, and we know how inconvenient repairs can be," Lyft wrote in an online flier.
According to the San Antonio Express, the storm caused damage to 110,000 cars. It's estimated that the weather also claimed $1.4 billion in insured losses.
- RELATEDWatch the Chevy Colorado ZR2 Undergo Hardcore Off-Road TestingIn certain cases, smaller is better.READ NOW
- RELATEDCheck Out This Awesome Video Of The Chevy Colorado ZR2 Undergoing TestingFirst off, it looks mean as hell with a lift kit and widened tracks.READ NOW
- RELATEDFirst Chevy Colorado ZR2s Roll Off Assembly Line Ready to Off-RoadOne of the first 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 will go to Chad Hall Racing.READ NOW
- RELATEDLyft Express Drive Allows Denver Lyft Drivers to Rent New GM CarsLyft drivers can now drive a brand new GM vehicle for between $135-$180 a week.READ NOW
- RELATEDThat Jet That Orbited Over Denver Actually Isn’t Much of a MysterySorry to break it to you, folks, but the local story that went national about a mysterious plane over Denver really wasn’t much of a story at all.READ NOW