Watch This 13-Year-Old Hit 200 MPH in a Bugatti Veyron
Breaking the double-ton is all in a day's work for Steven Aghakhani.
In most parts of the United States, you need to be at least 15 years old to obtain a driver's permit—which means your standard 13-year old has never driven a car. But Steven Aghakhani, the 13-year-old who smashed 200 mph in a Bugatti Veyron recently, is no standard middle-schooler.
Despite his barely-pubescent age, Aghakhani has spent time behind the wheels of cars like the McLaren 650S, the Porsche 918 Spyder, and the Lamborghini Gallardo Super Trofeo, among others. A glance at Aghakhani's Instagram reveals a profile littered with photos of vehicles most of us can only dream about climbing behind the wheel of. Meanwhile, we at The Drive are sitting here wondering where all those supercars were when we were budding teenage car enthusiasts.
Not only does Aghakhani drive many supercars, he also pushes them to their limits in a way most adult owners don't even attempt. In this video, shot at the Shift-S3ctor Pikes Peak Airstrip Attack event on Father's Day this year, the young driver climbs into a Bugatti Veyron in an attempt to smash his previous top speed record of 195 miles per hour. Considering the Bugatti has a top speed of more than 250 mph, that wasn't too much of an issue.
In the video, Aghakhani and his Veyron make it all the way to an astonishing 202 mph—but in the end, that still wasn't enough for him. Toward the end of the video, he tells his father he wants to knock down the 210 mph mark, but the heat wasn't allowing it that day. "Went 202," Aghakhani said. "Personally felt like I can go faster."
- RELATEDThe Veyron's $2.5 million Replacement Will Be "Remarkably Better"How can Bugatti top the fastest production car ever known?READ NOW
- RELATEDLaFerrari vs. 918 Spyder vs. P1 vs. Veyron vs. HuayraThe mother of all hypercar shootouts.READ NOW
- RELATEDNew Bugatti Chiron Hypercar Confirmed, Spotted in ItalyHope for Volkswagen, and our best look yet at the Veyron’s successor yet.READ NOW
- RELATEDBugatti Chiron: Serious Supercar, Silly VideoHow not to build buzz for your multimillion-dollar unobtanium.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Bugatti Chiron Goes On Your WristParmigiani Fleurier's PF-Bugatti Type 390 Concept Watch is a tourbillon tech tour-de-force.READ NOW