Lamborghini Huracan Superleggera Caught on the Nurburgring
Camouflaged super sports car spotted kicking ass and taking names.
When it comes to car spotting, catching a prototype Lamborghini Huracan Superleggera running hot around the Nurburgring is hard to top—but it can be done. By, for example, catching two prototype Lamborghini Huracan Superleggeras running hot around the Nurburgring.
A YouTuber named Automotive Mike—who, fittingly, runs an automotive-centric channel—caught a couple examples of the new Lamborghini Huracan Superleggera running rings around other cars at the Nurburgring earlier this week. While the car was wrapped in camera-confusing camouflage, the stresses of 'Ring running meant all the car's pieces of aerodynamic apparatus needed to be open to the air—which meant leaving the Superleggera's massive rear wing, knife-drawer front fascia, and high-mounted dual exhausts exposed for the world to see. And, in the case of those big-bore tailpipes, to hear. Not that anything short of a wad of cotton the size of Alabama could muffle this sucker.
Assuming the Huracan Superleggera follows in the fine tradition of super-light Lambos past, such as the Gallardo Superleggera, it will be a wee bit more powerful and about one chubby Italian lighter than the regular version of the super sports car. It will likely stick with all-wheel-drive, in the name of ultimate grip. Expect much of the weight loss to be achieved through greater use of carbon fiber, as Lamborghini has gone all-in on the miracle weave for the near future.
Considering how close to production-spec the Lamborghini Huracan Superleggera in this video looks, we wouldn't be surprised to see it debut at the Paris Motor Show in a couple months' time. It will almost certainly cost more than your house.
- RELATED11-year-old in Lamborghini Huracan Smokes Man in CorvetteThe children are our future and that future is fast.READ NOW
- RELATEDDriving (and Eating) with Chef Michael White in a Lamborghini HuracánThe Drive’s chief auto critic has eaten at Chef White’s restaurants many times, in many places. But feasting in a Lamborghini is a definite first.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Paul Miller Racing to Run Huracán GT3READ NOW
- RELATEDHero of the Day: Supercharged Lamborghini HuracánGood lord, it has blower whine.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo Runs the Nurburgring As Fast As the Carrera GTWe have trouble believing you, Porsche. You should let us try it for ourselves.READ NOW