Watch a Lamborghini Aventador SV Almost Kill a Camera Guy
Always look twice before crossing the drag strip.
When shooting video on an open track, there are two important things to keep in mind: Make sure you get the shot, and make sure you don't get hit by a car. It appears the guy shown in this video did neither of those things, which is what to led him nearly being killed by a $530,000 Lamborghini Aventador SV.
In the video—posted to YouTube on Monday by user "PRonTheRoad" and packing more than 55,000 views as of this writing—a sexy blue Lamborghini Aventador SV can bee seen staging up next to a Chevrolet Corvette Z06 for a drag race. Everything looks normal, everything looks safe. Spectators are lined behind some fencing placed a reasonable distance away from the cars, the grid is lined with cones, and the only people surrounding the runners appear to be event organizers and media personnel.
But it all goes terribly wrong when the light turns green and the checkered flag drops.
A split second before the cars launch, a camera operator standing right in front of the two sports cars decides to take a few steps into the line of fire, in what The Drive can only imagine was a noble effort to get the perfect shot of two high-powered supercars going at it. Which would have been great, if the cameraman had been paying attention to what he was doing. He was not. And as such, the Lamborghini Aventador nearly killed him.
- RELATEDApropos of Nothing, Here’s a Lamborghini Diablo GT Shooting FlamesNo context. But, hey, V-12 and fire!READ NOW
- RELATED11-year-old in Lamborghini Huracan Smokes Man in CorvetteThe children are our future and that future is fast.READ NOW
- RELATEDBehold, the World’s Most Beautiful Lamborghini CountachAnd to think such art never even sold.READ NOW
- RELATEDCalling Mom From a Lamborghini Aventador SVIf you're in a half-million-dollar Lamborghini, call your mother.READ NOW
- RELATEDDid London Cops Falsely Impound a Lamborghini Just to Go Joyriding?Supercar-for-hire company alleges its Lambo was subjected to police immorality.READ NOW