MotoAmerica Needs Your Help Naming Its New Twins Class
The winner gets a free trip to Road Atlanta.
MotoAmerica, the organization best known for promoting the AMA Superbike Series, is creating a new racing class. The 2018 season will see the introduction of a new lightweight twins class consisting of 600cc to 800cc twin-cylinder motorcycles. Twin-cylinder bikes are allowed in the Superbike class, but they need to be 850cc to 1,200cc in size. The new class will race in nine out of the 10 scheduled MotoAmerica events next season.
There’s just one problem with the new MotoAmerica twins class. It doesn’t have a name yet. Joining an increasingly popular trend, MotoAmerica is leaving the naming decision up to the fans. “We need a name and we have a feeling our fans might have the one we're looking for,” says the MotoAmerica website.
If you have a great idea for a name for this new class like Twiny McTwinface, then you can submit your idea to MotoAmerica between now and Dec. 31. Just fill out this simple form and if MotoAmerica likes your suggestion, it will make it one of four finalists in social media polls for fans to vote on. It doesn’t specifically say that the name with the most votes will be the winner, so MotoAmerica will probably just use those polls to gauge interest to inform its final decision.
If you’re the winner of the contest, you get a pretty cool prize. MotoAmerica will send you on an expenses-paid trip to Road Atlanta in Braselton, Georgia for the opening round of the 2018 MotoAmerica Series from April 13-15, 2018. It doesn’t specify if you can bring a friend, but either way that’s a great price for just thinking of a name.
Just be aware that by submitting a name suggestion, you’re also signing up for MotoAmerica’s email list. Good luck!
- RELATEDThree Minutes With Sportbike Champ Jake GagneWhat's his take on his new bike, his team, and the state of motorcycle racing in America?READ NOW
- RELATEDAustralian Ferry to Be Named 'Ferry McFerryface' Because 'Boaty McBoatface' Was TakenWe assume Prime Minister Aussie McAussieface will christen the vessel soon.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow to Initiate a Car Guy Into the Motorcycle WorldOr, how I became a superbike racer's human backpack.READ NOW
- RELATEDBritish Research Ship May Be Called ‘Boaty McBoatface,’ Because InternetThe opportunity to undermine the dignity of a grand ship tasked with warning the public about climate catastrophe, of course, proves too tempting for the Internet.READ NOW
- RELATED20th Running Of The Petit Le Mans At Road AtlantaPhotos from IMSA's end of season 10 hour Petit Le Mans.READ NOW