Polaris RZR Racing Coming to Red Bull Global Rallycross in 2018
The class will join Global Rallycross's already jam-packed Supercar and Lites race weekends.
Good news, quad fans. Red Bull Global Rallycross has announced that, starting with the 2018 season and spanning multiple years, there will be a new Polaris RZR race category in the competition.
The Red Bull Global Rallycross competition field currently is made up of the Supercar and Lites classes. This new Polaris RZR class will be the third race category under the Red Bull Global Rallycross umbrella.
It's one of several big changes coming to Global Rallycross. Red Bull previously announced it will be adding an electric car class in 2018. The electric vehicles were announced that they would be added to race weekends as a standalone series. (As of this article, there has been no mention on if this new Polaris announcement has any impact on the timing of the electric series.)
"Polaris is the ideal partner for us to work with as we develop this new entry point class for young drivers to enter the sport of rallycross," Red Bull Global Rallycross CEO Colin Dyne said. "They are a high performance, dynamic brand that will bring more racing excitement to our fans, and will further expand our unique presence in the world of racing."
According to the press release, details about the race vehicles will be made available in January 2018, but prospective race teams and drivers who are interested in racing in the series can contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The United States Auto Club (USAC) will be the governing body of the new race series.
- RELATEDA Professional Rally Driver Tried to Kill Me in a Polaris RZRAnd yeah, it was f***ing awesome.READ NOW
- RELATEDThree Names Trademarked by Polaris that Never Came to BeThere's a good chance these were supposed to be Victory motorcycles that will never see the light of day.READ NOW
- RELATEDYou Can Now Buy a New Polaris Slingshot for Under $20,000The 2018 Polaris Slingshot lineup offers something like a bargain price.READ NOW
- RELATEDPolaris Slingshot Recalled Again To Fix Problem Caused By Previous RecallIt's Groundhog Day for the quirky three-wheeler.READ NOW
- RELATEDRJ Anderson Backflips a Polaris RZR in Latest XP1K FilmStart your Tuesday with some off-road insanity in the ultimate UTV.READ NOW