Jaguar XF Sportbrake Wagon Coming This Summer
Jag teases the estate version of the XF executive sedan with a video...about tennis.
Good news for enthusiasts of luxury British wagons—er, estate cars: Jaguar is coming out with a more utilitarian version of the XF mid-sizer, dubbed the XF 'Sportbrake'. Since Jag is the official automotive partner of Wimbledon 2017, it only made sense to make the announcement of the new Sportbrake with a video about tennis courts...right?
Most of the video consists of Jaguar design boss Ian Callum talking to Wimbledon's head groundskeeper Neil Stubley about the importance of lines. (Yeah, it's a stretch to The Drive, too.) We do get to see a rough outline of the Sportbrake's silhouette at the end painted onto the Wimbledon grounds, so there's that.
See how important lines are? Long story short, Jag's new luxury wagon should look elegant as hell.
It is expected that the Sportbrake will be available with all of the engine and drivetrain options of the existing XF sedan. This means your choice of a turbo 2.0-liter Ingenium 4-cylinder, a supercharged 3.0-liter V-6, or a even 2.0-liter diesel if superior highway fuel economy is your cup of tea. We at The Drive hope the future holds an XFR Sportbrake with Jag's big, stonking V8, though.
The Jaguar XF Sportbrake hits showrooms this summer. Yes, American ones included.
- RELATEDCritics’ Notebook: 2016 Jaguar XF-STired of Audi and Mercedes? Here’s your challenge to the established order.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Jaguar XF R-Sport Diesel Will Soften Brexit's BlowPlenty of comfort, plenty of cruising power, plenty of good looks, the Jaguar XF R-Sport Diesel is a sweet ride at any time.READ NOW
- RELATEDHear the New 4-Cylinder 2018 Jaguar F-Type NowThe 4-pot F-Type appears to have succeeded where the Porsche 718 failed.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Jaguar F-Pace Is Put Through the Family Vacation Test“F” is for “Family.”READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch The Drive Staff Interrogate Mike Spinelli on Everything Jaguar for 10 Whole MinutesIt's time to find out what our staff Jaguar lover really knows.READ NOW