Federico Sceriffo May Reveal Ferrari 599 For Next Formula Drift Season
Federico Sceriffo may be next on the list of Formula Drift drivers who slide supercars.
Recently, there's been an influx of supercars or swaps involving powertrains of supercars in Formula Drift. Though unorthodox, I’m certainly not complaining about this, and I’m sure most others aren’t, either. This change is cool—we all love swaps, and high horsepower exotic motors are some of the most interesting (and best sounding) of all time.
For some context, in 2015, Daigo Saito built his Lamborghini Murcielago for D1GP, which surprised a lot of people. Youichi Imamura also sprung his Lexus LFA on the world, except the beautiful Yamaha V-10 was traded for something with two fewer cylinders. And if that wasn’t enough, the two supercars were brought onto the track together to face off against each other. Most recently, Ryan Tuerck decided to pull a Ferrari 458’s heart and stuff the screaming V-8 into his Toyota GT86.
Anyway, Italian drifter Federico Sceriffo has been teasing photos of a Ferrari 599 as of late. Wrecked Magazine predicts that the car will be unveiled at either Orlando Speed World or Road Atlanta. Though no official word has been made by the man himself, he did post a photo on Facebook to show off his new office—the gutted interior of the 599—along with a like on someone’s comment that said, "Formula drift?" I think it's safe to say that this is a pretty solid assumption.
To hold you off in the meantime, here is Sceriffo drifting up a mountain in China.
- RELATEDWatch This Photographer Get Smacked in the Face by Drift Car's WingNot the same heroics you'd expect from an event like this.READ NOW
- RELATEDFirst Marijuana Dispensary to Sponsor Formula Drift CarThe green rush of America expands to motorsports.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow Fredric Aasbo's 1000-HP Corolla iM Formula D Drift Car Was BuiltYouTube channel Speed Academy takes a tour around Papadakis Racing Shop and a closer look at Fredric Aasbo's Rockstar Energy Toyota Corolla iM Formula Drift car.READ NOW
- RELATEDLet's Watch a Wrecked Liberty Walk Ferrari 458 GTR Hoon AroundDoors off and smashed up, the car still delivers as it tears up Florida streets.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Koenigsegg Agera R Spank a Ferrari 458 From a DigThis will show you the difference between a supercar and a hypercar.READ NOW