Man Wearing ‘Trust Me’ T-Shirt Arrested for Alleged Car Theft
Police say a man wearing an ironic t-shirt was busted for several law-breaking offenses.
A man wearing a "Trust Me" t-shirt and an accomplice were arrested for allegedly stealing a car in Fairfax County, Virginia.
The owner of the stolen Honda Civic says she was warming up her car last Saturday morning and left it unlocked before returning to find it was gone, according to TheWashington Post.
The suspects were busted during a traffic stop shortly after the owner of the Civic reported the alleged theft to police.
Inside the recovered car, officers also located altered and forged checks. Police charged 23-year-old Wilmer Lara Garcia (the t-shirt guy) with auto theft and two counts of forgery.
Police also charged 24-year-old Orlen Nunez with auto theft in the case.
- RELATEDCalifornia Couple Arrested for Dealing Drugs via DroneThis Southern California couple employed a particularly interesting methodology to their operation.READ NOW
- RELATEDFour Arrested After Bizarre Theft of Four Teslas From Utah DealershipOne suspect pulled over behind a police car and claimed his name was Tesla.READ NOW
- RELATEDCar Full of Naked People Arrested by Canadian Mounties After 'Very Bizarre' CrashThere's a lot to unpack here.READ NOW
- RELATEDDriver of Truck With Obscene Anti-Trump Decal Arrested Day After Texas Sheriff Threatens ChargesThe driver was arrested on an outstanding fraud warrant, but she denies knowing anything about the charges.READ NOW
- RELATEDNASCAR Team Owner Richard Childress Shoots At Home Invaders, Police SayWell, that didn't go according to plan.READ NOW