A Scalper Is Selling an Aston Martin Valkyrie Build Slot for an Undisclosed Price
The listed figure of $3.54 million is merely a "guide price."
Despite Aston Martin CEO Andy Palmer's intention to ban any and all scalpers caught flipping the upcoming Valkyrie hypercar for a profit, a U.K. supercar dealer has been spotted doing just that.
Discovered on the German marketplace Mobile is an Aston Martin Valkyrie build slot on sale with a list price of 3 million euros or $3.54 million at today's exchange rates. Scrolling down towards the listing's description, however, reveals that the 3 mill sticker is merely a "guide price," a placeholder for the real price that'll be revealed "upon application." Considering the Valkyrie is said to cost $3.2 million from the factory, this makes sense. $240,000 sounded like way too little profit for the typical hypercar scalper.
For sale by a dealer known as Knight International based in London, the Valkyrie in question will apparently deliver sometime in 2019. From the description, "interest (and value) of this car is expected to sharply increase significantly, shortly before delivery. Ownership of a build slot is a rare opportunity to capitalize on this investment opportunity and reserve ownership of a thoroughbred, next-generation hypercar."
Look, I enjoy making an extra buck as much as the next guy, but reading that just made me gag.
- RELATEDAston Martin Will Ban Valkyrie Reservation Scalpers From Future Special CarsAston Martin, like Porsche, does not care for owners who want to flip their cars for profit.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Is the Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR ProThe Valkyrie isn't even out yet, and Aston Martin is already making a faster version.READ NOW
- RELATEDScalper Is Selling a Mercedes-AMG Project One Reservation for $5.22 MillionA Project One build slot has been spotted on sale for more than double the hypercar's MSRP.READ NOW
- RELATEDThese Aston Martin Valkyrie Pictures Show How Wild the Hypercar Will Be"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."—Francis BaconREAD NOW
- RELATEDAston Martin Will 3-D Scan Valkyrie Buyers' Bodies for the Driver's SeatsAston Martin's upcoming hypercar brings new meaning to the word "bespoke."READ NOW