Car Fleeing Police Crashes into House Killing Two
Running from police has disastrous consequences.
Tragedy struck a Dayton, Ohio home in the form of a car, allegedly running from police, crashing into a living room Wednesday night, killing a mother and her son, according to the Associated Press.
Local station WHIO reports that Maria Davis, 39, and her son Jerome Davis, 7, were killed when the car crashed into their house. Kesean W. Parks, 24, reportedly panicked and sped away when he saw a Dayton police car on a routine patrol of the neighborhood. Before the officer could initiate a traffic stop or pursuit Parks allegedly lost control of his car and crashed into the house.
A third family member, a child, was unharmed and ran to a neighbor's house for help. The neighbor called 911 immediately.
Parks was arrested at the scene and booked on preliminary charges of carrying a concealed weapon and possession of drugs, both found in the car by police after the crash. It is unknown whether anyone else was in the car and fled the scene.
Bottom line: Don't run from the police. Not only will doing so make your situation much worse than it already is, it also puts innocent people in danger. Unfortunately, a mother and child paid the ultimate price for someone's decision to run.
- RELATEDWatch Ohio Police Chase 10-Year-Old Boy in High-Speed Pursuit Through ClevelandHopefully, this kid turns out to be more "Ricky Bobby" and less habitual offender.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a High-Speed Pursuit Barrel Down a California BeachMaybe the driver just wanted to feel the sand between his toes one last time.READ NOW
- RELATEDDodge Challenger SRT Wrecks in High-Speed Police PursuitSave it for the track buddy, Oklahoma Highway Patrol has no time for your shenanigans.READ NOW
- RELATEDMassachusetts Police Stop Mazda With Massive Christmas Tree On Its RoofNo word on whether Clark Griswold was driving.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch New Hampshire State Troopers Break Up Pursuit Practice With Some NASCAR-Style FunWe bet the New Hampshire State Police would love if all pursuits were this civilized.READ NOW