This Fiat 500L Used by Pope Francis During a Visit to Philadelphia is up for Auction
Holy Fiat. The Pope rode in this car and now it could be yours.
While it's not the Popemobile, a 2015 Fiat 500L with black leather-trimmed bucket seats and only 458 miles on it is drawing lots of attention.
The car is one of two Fiats ridden in by the current pope of the Catholic Church, Pope Francis, during his visit to Philadelphia two years ago for "The World Meeting of Families."
On Wednesday, it was put up for online auction on Charitybuzz.com and is listed with an estimated value of $75,000.
The gray-metallic Fiat 500L Lounge Hatchback sports a 1.4-liter I4 multi-air turbo engine with six-speed automatic transmission and a black interior.
There's one catch, though. According to the auction listing:
BIDDER AGREES TO NOT USE THE PROPERTY IN A MANNER IN CONTRAVENTION OF THE MORAL, ETHICAL AND SOCIAL TEACHINGS OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.
A second Fiat 500L also used during the Pope's visit to Philadelphia was sold at auction for $82,000 back in 2016. Both vehicles were donated by Fiat Chrysler.
The auction remains open until Wednesday, Dec. 20.
- RELATEDLamborghini Donates Huracan to Pope Francis for CharityNo, this is not the new Popemobile.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe $300,000 Popemobile’s Buyer Is a SinnerThe road to redemption leads through a Fiat 500L.READ NOW
- RELATEDHere Are All the Mercedes Popemobiles That Francis Won’t Ride InThe Pope is letting all this swagger gather dust.READ NOW
- RELATEDKentucky Strikes Down Atheist’s Request for “IM GOD” License PlatesApparently even “God” must bow before the DMV.READ NOW
- RELATEDSir Paul McCartney's Aston Martin DB5 is Going to AuctionBaby, you can drive his car.READ NOW