2018 Volkswagen Tiguan Will Get R-line Appearance Package
The 'performance-inspired' package will be shown off at the LA Auto Show.
Volkswagen has just announced that the 2018 Tiguan crossover will get the R-Line treatment thanks to a new appearance package. The Tiguan will show off its new look at the 2017 Los Angeles Auto Show, fitting in well with the major focus on SUVs/crossovers this year.
No, the performance-inspired R-Line Package doesn't add any actual performance to the Tiguan's 184-horsepower, turbocharged 2.0-liter TSI® engine, it's just for looks. It's also only available for the top-of-the-line Tiguan SEL and SEL Premium trims for $1,795 and $1,495 respectively.
With the R-Line package installed, the SEL trim now has access to ParkPilot (VW's Park-Distance assist). This feature already comes standard on the SEL Premium, thus the lower price compared to the SEL.
R-Line-equipped Tiguan SELs gets new 19-inch "Trenton" wheels, whereas the Premium model gets larger 20-inch "Braselton" wheels, keeping with Volkswagen's "American city" wheel naming scheme. Both trims get more pronounced front and rear bumpers, side skirts, rear diffusers, wheel-arch extensions, and R-Line badging.
On the inside, owners will find R-Line logos on the steering wheel, door sills, and infotainment start screen, plus new black headliner and stainless steel pedal covers for added sportiness.
Volkswagen says the R-Line package will be available for purchase in early 2018, and potential buyers can see it in person at the LA Auto Show from December 1-10.
- RELATEDNew Volkswagen Beetle Will Be Electric and Rear-Wheel DriveA next-generation, rear-drive, EV punch buggy would sit on Volkswagen's MEB platform.READ NOW
- RELATEDU.S.-Bound 2018 Volkswagen Golf R Might Get a 'Performance' VariantAn even more powerful Golf R in the States? Sign us up.READ NOW
- RELATEDCorvette ZR1 Shines Even Brighter with the Sebring Orange Design PackageIf Chevy's range-topping Corvette ZR1 is not flashy enough for you, adding a little more orange might help.READ NOW
- RELATEDBudget Friendly 2017 VW Tiguan Limited Starts at $22,860Fully loaded, the 2017 Tiguan Limited is still cheaper than a base 2018 model.READ NOW
- RELATEDHyundai Kona Will Debut at Los Angeles Auto ShowThe U.S.-bound version of Hyundai's urban crossover hits LA this week.READ NOW