The 2019 Aston Martin Vantage is Almost Sold Out Already
People can't wait to spend $150,000 on the redesigned grand tourer.
Just days after the car was unveiled, the all-new 2019 Aston Martin Vantage with a starting price of $149,995, is almost sold out. The styling of the new luxury sports car was a bit controversial in automotive press circles, but the people have spoken and apparently the folks who are actually in the market for this car really like the new look.
“Most of our production for next year is already sold out,” Aston Martin CEO Andy Palmer told Bloomberg without specifying production numbers. According to Bloomberg, 80 percent of Vantages for the 2019 model year have already been sold.
The slick new Vantage has a front-mid-mounted, AMG-sourced 4.0-liter twin-turbo V-8 engine which makes 503 horsepower and 505 pound-feet of torque. Those numbers are almost identical to the more expensive Aston Martin DB11 V8. At launch, the new Vantage is only available with an eight-speed ZF automatic transaxle running model-specific software and a torque-vectoring electronic rear differential. Expect a seven-speed manual transmission to be available within a year from now.
This is just more good news for Aston Martin, where things are already going pretty well. Sales are up 65 percent in the first nine months of 2017 and the British automaker is on track to turn an annual profit for the first time since 2010 largely thanks to demand for the DB11 flagship.
Until recently, the Aston Martin lineup was starting to look a little stale compared to its rivals. Aston is doing a fantastic job turning that around with fresh, competitive new models and it's being rewarded for that effort. With momentum like this, the folks at other high-end sports car brands like Porsche and Ferrari should be worried about a British invasion.
- RELATEDThe 2019 Aston Martin Vantage Is a Wolf in Shark's ClothingAfter more than a decade, the Vantage gets a major upgrade...but is it enough to set the competition on edge?READ NOW
- RELATEDAvoid Your Family This Thanksgiving with Aston Martin's Vantage ConfiguratorEven if the Vantage is out of your price range, this sure beats enduring another one of your uncle's political rants.READ NOW
- RELATEDAston Martin On Track to Turn a Profit for First Time Since 2010Demand for the DB11 has been strong enough to kick off a financial turnaround at Aston Martin.READ NOW
- RELATEDAston Martin Reveals All-New Vantage GTE for WEC CompetitionOut with the old and in with the new.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Aston Martin DB11 V-8 Review: German Power, British SpeedWe drive the AMG-engined, still-beautiful DB11 on Spain's Costa Brava.READ NOW