Here's The Top Half of Subaru's New Ascent Three-Row SUV
Take a peek at all seven seats in the upcoming Subaru.
Ahead of next week's L.A. Auto Show, Subaru is teasing its upcoming three-row Ascent crossover once again. This time, with a strategically lit shot of the SUV's top half. In addition to a decently flared front fender, we also get a peek at all seven—count 'em, seven—of the Ascent's seats, and a bit of headlight.
Slotting above the Forester in Subaru's range, the Ascent will compete against the likes of the Toyota Highlander, Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot, Volkswagen Atlas, and Mazda CX-9. Marking the brand's first midsize crossover since the dubiously-styled Tribeca was thankfully killed off in 2012, the Ascent is set to be, physically at least, the biggest Subaru to date.
Originally seen as a concept at the New York International Auto Show back in April, the Ascent will wear many of Subaru's corporate design elements such as the hexagonal grille and lobster claw-shaped light signatures front and back. Expect its interior to be decidedly un-frumpy à la the innards of the automaker's recently revitalized Impreza. Built on the company's new Subaru Global Platform architecture, the Ascent said to be powered by a 300-horsepower, turbo, 2.4-liter flat-four.
The 2019 Subaru Ascent is scheduled to be revealed in full via livestream on Nov. 28.
- RELATED2018 Subaru Ascent SUV Revealed in New YorkThe company's first three-row ute will go on sale later this year.READ NOW
- RELATEDSubaru Teases Three-Row SUV Ahead of LA Auto ShowThe all-new Ascent will make its debut later this month in Los Angeles.READ NOW
- RELATEDYou Can Buy This Subaru Tribeca Limo Right NowBelieve it or not, this is one of three custom Subaru limousines built for Ernie Boch, Jr.READ NOW
- RELATEDNext Subaru WRX STI Will Probably Be a Hybrid, Report Says'I like my cars like I like my cigarettes. Electric.'READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Subaru Forester Will Start As Low As $22,795The brand also announced details regarding the Subaru Forester Black Edition.READ NOW