2019 Lincoln MKC Gets a New Face
A new face, new tech, and fancy new trims all come to the refreshed MKC.
Lincoln has taken the wraps off of the newly-facelifted, 2019 MKC compact crossover. Ditching the polarizing, oversized-wing look of the existing MKC, Lincoln's baby mall-crawler now sports the brand's new corporate maw also seen on the MKZ and Continental. Lincoln says that it's revised the MKC's rear end as well, but other than the new, chrome mustache above the license plate, the 2019's backside looks pretty much identical to last year's model.
"Our redesigned Lincoln MKC offers style, substance, and technologies that create an effortless ownership experience," said Lincoln president Kumar Galhotra.
Speaking of substance and tech, the new MKC now features Apple CarPlay and Android Auto in addition to a new suite of active safety programs that include Pre-Collision Assist and Pedestrian Detection. Engine choices remain the same as before, with the base MKC rocking a 245-horsepower, turbo 2.0-liter under its hood. A 285-horse, twin-scroll turbo 2.3-liter will also be available. At 305 pound-feet of torque, the upmarket engine can tow up to 3,000 pounds "when properly equipped."
Going back to the superficial, the new Lincoln MKC now comes in three distinct Black Label trims inspired by—and this is straight out of the press release, I kid you not—"the realms of the arts, travel, fine food, and culture." The first of these is dubbed "Modern Heritage" and features a white Venetian leather interior with gray wood accents. The second, simply named "Indulgence," was evidently cooked up to make you feel like a 21st century Jay Gatsby.
"A rich, sumptuous interior, this theme is designed to match the most refined tastes. Visually enticing, Indulgence features surfaces trimmed in Venetian leather and Alcantara cloth, in tempting hues like Truffle and Ganache, finished with accents from rich Ziricote wood— the same as you might find in the world of yachts or musical instruments," reads the release. My checking account got $1,000 lighter just reading that.
The last Black Label trim is an apparent ode to Broadway addicts. Inspired by nights out at the theater, Lincoln MKCs in the "Center Stage" Black Label trim get black Venetian leather flanked by red piping and exotic wood trimmings.
Additional Black Label perks include an annual detailing service, "anytime" carwashes, and exclusive access to curated menus at various, select restaurants. I don't know about you, but I have a feeling they ain't talking about Olive Garden.
The 2019 Lincoln MKC is set to reach dealers in the summer of 2018.
- RELATED2017 Lincoln MKZ Review: Grandpa's Got a New Pair of 400-HP Dancing ShoesA 400-horsepower Lincoln shows old dogs can learn new tricks. But is it worth the price of admission?READ NOW
- RELATEDYou Won't Believe How Much Blood Is Inside This 2007 Lincoln MKZ at a Salvage AuctionThey're not kidding around with that BIOHAZARD label.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Lincoln Continental: The Car We've Been Begging Lincoln to BuildThe new Continental is the most legit Lincoln sedan in decades.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Continental Has Almost Doubled Lincoln's Market Share in Big Luxury CarsCan we stop talking about how Lincoln needs to be "saved" now?READ NOW
- RELATEDReport Says Lincoln Will Offer Plug-In Hybrid Variants of All Models by 2022Better late than never to the green-luxury party.READ NOW