The Corvette Z06 Gets a $9,000 Discount as Sales Decline
Is this the beginning of the end for Chevrolet's supercar killer?
Good news for those in the market for an American supercar––Chevrolet is discounting 2017 Corvette Z06s by more than $9,000, according to MSN. Chevrolet has seen less than stellar Corvette sales this year, so this massive price slash is part of a closeout sale to get rid of the rest of the 2017 inventory.
MSN says that Corvette sales are down more than 20 percent in the first 10 months of this year, which is clearly bad news for General Motors. This isn't even the first price cut this year either. In April, GM was offering an $8,000 discount on 2017 'Vettes, but sales have continued to drop off despite great savings. With the end of the year fast approaching, we expect that Chevrolet will raise those incentives even higher in desperation, so hold onto your wallets. There could easily be $10,000 discount in the near future.
MSN also argues that these abysmal sales means that the Corvette is about to meet the same fate as the Dodge Viper, but we don't think so.
With an original retail price of $79,450, the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 isn't exactly affordable, but compared with its competitors, it's a steal. The Z06 a 650-horsepower monster that can tame the Nürburgring and compete with supercars in much higher price brackets like the Mercedes-AMG GT. It's a reminder that America makes more than just huge muscle cars that can't take corners, and its potential makes the German performance brands nervous— not an easy feat.
While it may be having a rough year, the Chevy Corvette is here to stay. So go out and buy a Z06 before the end of the year, and use what you saved on some track lessons (and a plane ticket to Nürburg, Germany) so you can embarrass some 911 owners.
- RELATEDGM May Have Confirmed a Tesla Roadster-Fighting Electric Corvette Will Be Here by 2023Either that, or Cadillac is in for one hell of a treat.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevrolet Auctions Corvette Carbon 65 Edition for CharitySigned by President George W. Bush, this Corvette will benefit veterans re-integrating into civilian life.READ NOW
- RELATEDCorvette ZR1 Shines Even Brighter with the Sebring Orange Design PackageIf Chevy's range-topping Corvette ZR1 is not flashy enough for you, adding a little more orange might help.READ NOW
- RELATEDLearn the History of the Chevrolet CamaroCamaro has no meaning other than an animal that eats Mustangs.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevy Will Make Your C7 Corvette Faster For Just $350A suspension calibration update supposedly makes the 'Vette a second faster around General Motors' Milford Road Course.READ NOW