This Restored 1988 BMW E30 Touring Is a Beautiful Classic Wagon
Vintage wagons are the next big thing, it seems.
Automotive culture's current obsession with station wagons is fascinating, but it's getting out of hand. With 1970s' sports cars skyrocketing in price, people are turning to the '80s for their affordable vintage fix, with German wagons high on the list. Not only are they practical, but wagons can be fast too—they're basically longer hot hatches. If you're looking to get into the wonderful world of classic wagons, this 1988 BMW 325i Touring might be a good start.
The owner of this E30 wagon says he (or she) has spent four out of the five years of ownership restoring the classic Beemer, replacing or repairing almost every mechanical component. Although $14,900 might seem high for a 106,291-mile BMW, the painstaking repair process means you won't need to pay another $15,000 to keep it in running condition.
The manual 325i wagon was originally painted white but the owner has repainted it Lemans Blue with black exterior accents. Apparently, the car was imported straight from Germany, which may add to the high price.
Besides the meticulous restoration, this BMW enthusiast has modified the car for better handling and sound. The wagon now sits an H&R suspension system with Bilstein springs and Suspension Techniques sway bars for less body roll. It rides on XXR 16x8 wheels with Yokohama performance tires, which stop well thanks to brand new brakes. A New Ireland Engineering exhaust with Magnaflow catalytic converter completes the setup, helping that 2.5-liter straight six engine sing.
The interior has apparently been gutted, cleaned, and repainted black, with a new performance steering wheel. Interior pictures aren't listed in the ad, but the owner says they're coming soon. The original Craigslist ad can be found here.
- RELATEDBuy This 1-of-2 1995 BMW M5 Wagon and Haul Your Family in Speedy StyleCan a wagon be worth $129,000? This one sure is.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Is The Best BMW M5 Wagon You Can BuyShut it down: This "Elekta" edition is basically perfect.READ NOW
- RELATEDOwn the 1996 BMW 750 iL Tupac Shakur Was Shot In For a Cool $1.5 MillionA piece of music history... and another overpriced used BMW.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 1983 BMW 320i Is the Missing Link in 3-Series HistoryThe first generation 3-Series demonstrates the connection between modern BMWs and the classic 2002.READ NOW
- RELATEDBMW Announces One-Off M3 30 Years Heritage EditionThe M3 is celebrating 30 years in the United States with this limited-edition package.READ NOW