Infiniti's New QX80 Will No Longer Look Like a Beluga Whale
Infiniti will show off the QX80 and its new forehead at the Dubai Motor Show in November.
Infiniti has released a handful of teaser shots for the upcoming redesign of their full-size QX80 luxury crossover. While we're not shown much, what we can see is already a drastic improvement. Although, if you've ever actually clapped eyes on a current generation QX80, you'll know that pretty much any redesign would likely have been a drastic improvement.
In other words, yes, they've made it look less like a beluga whale.
As we can see from the first photos, Infiniti has done away with the QX80s peculiarly proportioned front end, moving the lights and grille upwards. The brand even goes as far as having its own senior vice president of global design reference it specifically in the press release.
"Our designers raised the visual height of our iconic double arch grille and signature headlamps striking an unmistakable road presence," said Alfonso Albaisa.
I believe that's public relations speak for, "Our car no longer has a massive, bulging forehead."
Oh, and before we forget, here's a picture of the outgoing QX80 as a reference.
Infiniti is set to debut the new QX80 at the Dubai Motor Show on Nov. 14.
- RELATEDInfiniti Teases New QX80 ConceptThe beluga whale of luxury SUVs is poised for a redesignREAD NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Drone Collect Whale Snot for ScienceOne instance of a robot taking a human's job where everybody wins.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe U.S. Navy Tried to Turn Whale Songs Into Secret CodeThe Cold War project cooked up an ingenious but overly complicated method for submarines to send covert messages.READ NOW
- RELATEDCouple Buys 2017 Infiniti QX30 For $17,790 After Calling Dealer Out On Facebook AdLooks like Infiniti Corporate are willing to take a financial hit to do what's right.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Infiniti QX60 Is the All-Around Family SUV You've Been Looking ForThe 2017 QX60 is Infiniti's big, comfy, good-looking crossover, and it comes with just the right amount of luxury.READ NOW