There's A 24-Mile 1994 Dodge Viper RT/10 For Sale Right Now
This pristine piece of Americana is currently looking for a new home on Bring a Trailer.
Spotted on Bring a Trailer is a first-generation, 1994 Dodge Viper RT/10. Sporting an 8.0-liter V-10 and a six-speed manual transmission, this particular Viper was originally sold in Canada, imported to and titled in California and is now up for auction in Minnesota. As well-traveled as this Viper is, we don't think any of those journeys were made under the car's own power considering it only shows 24 miles on its odometer. (Or 38 kilometers, more accurately, as this is a Canadian car.)
Yes, in the twenty-three-or-so years this car has existed, it has covered less ground than the average commuter travels in a day. The seller also says it is completely unmodified, clean titled, and passed California smog just this past summer. The lack of use isn't entirely a good thing, however, as it still wears its original tires (which we would implore anyone who picks this up to switch out immediately if they intend to use the car as anything more than a showpiece), has head gaskets that are apparently leaking oil and coolant thanks to the years of inactivity, and will likely require some work in regards to any underlying rubber components such as seals and bushings.
Good for 400 horsepower and a 4.6 second 0-60 mph time, Vipers of the era did not have windows. Instead, the car came with see-through side curtains that hang off of the soft top, sort of like a tent.
As of this writing, the auction is sitting at $15,000. Considering prospective Viper owners/collectors still have until Thursday to make their bids, we wouldn't be surprised if this savage serpent ends up selling for a lot more money than that.
- RELATEDRalph Gilles Bids Adieu to the Last Dodge Vipers in Heartbreaking Instagram PostAll good things must come to an end.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Super-Low Mileage 1994 Toyota Supra Could Be Yours for Just $99,999Is an A80 Supra with 5,600 miles worth a hundred grand to you?READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Dodge Viper ACR Rock A 7:03.45 Nurburgring LapThis is apparently the fastest a production car has ever lapped the 'Ring with a manual transmission.READ NOW
- RELATEDDodge Viper Factory to Close August 31The Conner Avenue Assembly Plant employs more than 80 people who built each Viper by hand.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Dodge Viper Take on 2 Hellcats in an Epic Tug-of-WarThat is 2,059 horsepower at work.READ NOW