The New Fiat 500X Urbana Edition Adds Some Style to the City Soft-Roader
Bringing some flair to an aging crossover.
Starting at $19,995, the Fiat 500X is one of the most affordable new commpact SUVs money can buy. Although it takes its name from the iconic Fiat 500 hatch, the X has more in common with the Jeep Renegade, adding roughly 60 horsepower and 2 more doors to make it even more practical. And while the 500X's unique Italian charm may be wearing off at this point, Fiat-Chrysler is determined to keep it fresh with the announcement of a new package called the Fiat 500X Urbana Edition, aimed squarely at urban explorer types.
The Urbana Edition is an offshoot of the popular, mid-level Fiat 500X Trekking trim with a MSRP of $24,195. This package is characterized by its heavy use of Black Metallic Iron and copper materials accents throughout the exterior and interior of the car. This "Miron" finish can be found on the doors, wheels, mirror covers, bumpers, and roof rails. The unique 500X also features a copper model logo and darker headlight housings.
The interior now has exclusive black Castiglio seats that have chevrons and copper 500 logos sewn into them, plus more Miron black accentuated on the dashboard and around the infotainment system.
The 500X Urbana Edition can be had in 4 distinct colors, including Bianco Gelato (White), Nero Cinema (Black), Grigio Graphite (Gray), and Blue Sky Metallic. At least 3 packages are confirmed to be available on this edition, as well as options for premium sound, panoramic sunroof, and Fiat's Uconnect navigation system.
The car will be available to purchase later this fall in both front-wheel and all-wheel drive.
- RELATEDFiat 500L, Always the Ugly Duckling, Gets a FaceliftFiat has decided to keep their awkward crossover in their slender lineup.READ NOW
- RELATED2016 Fiat 500 vs. 1972 Fiat 500LLa Dolce Vita meets an artificially sweetened hatchback.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Pope’s Fiat 500L Just Sold for $82,000A ridiculous price for a mediocre economy hatchback? Or a heavy discount on absolution by osmosis?READ NOW
- RELATEDFiat Chrysler Predicts Jeep Sales Could Quintuple to 7 Million Vehicles Per YearFCA is betting a lot on the SUV craze being permanent.READ NOW
- RELATEDFiat Chrysler Joins BMW-Intel-Mobileye Self-Driving Car CoalitionThis appears to mark the first major alliance between two automakers on self-driving cars.READ NOW