2018 Mazda CX-9 Scores New Features, Starts at $32,130
Mazda's seven-seater gets a number of safety upgrades, because bigger always needs to be better.
Yes we know, the crossover is no friend to the enthusiast segment of the car world, but this doesn't explain why the compact SUV market continues to grow in 2017. All gearheads won't have to ditch their quirky two-seaters yet, but those who are forced to can still have some fun.
The CX-9, for example, is Mazda's attempt to squash the boring SUV stigma, and for 2018 it's receiving cutting-edge features while retaining an "affordable" price tag. While the past two variants have been focused on improving the CX-9's "Zoom-Zoom" promise, the 2018 iteration is tasked with guarding its IIHS "Top Safety Pick+" rating.
Mazda announced Tuesday that the 2018 CX-9 will arrive in dealerships later this month, with new features to put it on par with the rest of Mazda's tech-rich crossover lineup. The CX-9 is the latest vehicle to receive Mazda G-Vectoring technology, designed to make the driving experience more enjoyable and less stressful by reducing minuscule steering wheel movements. It also comes standard with Smart City Brake Support, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, and Blind Spot Monitoring.
At $32,130, the base CX-9 Sport comes with a Mazda Connect infotainment system featuring smartphone integration and Bluetooth pairing, as well as other base-level Mazda tech—but the new $1,290 Sports package adds Radar Cruise Control, Lane Departure Warning, Lane-Keep Assist, heated seats, and other premium features.
The new, top-trim CX-9 Signature adds to its luxurious feel with premium rosewood interior accents, Nappa leather seats, and LED badge lighting. This $44,315 trim comes standard with i-Active all-wheel drive, which is optional on the Sport, Touring, and Grand Touring trims.
- RELATED2016 Mazda CX-9 Quick ReviewJinba Ittai chuckwagon.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2018 Mazda CX-3 Starts at $20,110Mazda affordable compact crossover is packed with technology.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Mazda3 Starts at $18,095Mazda's handsome compact car gets lots of new features, even on base models.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Mazda CX-5 Pricing AnnouncedAn entry-level model can be yours for just $24,985.READ NOW
- RELATEDAre You Cool Enough for the Mazda CX-5?Mazda's middle child is the definition of “Netflix and chill.” Can you hang?READ NOW