This Immaculate Lamborghini Miura Is the Star of UK's Salon Privé
This is the best bedroom-wall poster supercar, according to UK's Concours d'Elegance.
When Lamborghini's technical director Gian Paolo Dallara sets out to design a car, he often winds up creating a masterpiece. He's the man responsible for the Countach's signature rear wing and the chassis of the gorgeous Miura. As it turns out, the Miura has a special place in Mr. Dallara's heart, as he bought one for himself in 2016. He then recruited Polo Storico, Lamborghini's in-house restoration division, to restore his baby to original spec, complete with certification and original Miura parts sourced from Polo Storico's vaults. The restoration took 14 months, and the reworked Miura was presented to Dallara in July.
Gian Paolo Dallara's car is a 1965 Miura P400, chassis #3165, finished in white exterior paint with a black interior. If the phrase "cars pick their owners" is anything to go by, then Dallara's story is the ultimate example: he found this exact Lamborghini in Parma, Italy, where he was born. After almost 3,000 hours of meticulous restoration, he says the car is in perfect, original condition.
The designer wasn't the only one impressed with his restored Miura, as the car won best-in-class at the Salon Privé Chubb Insurance Concours d'Elegance on August 31st. More than 60 vintage exotics participated in the Concours event at Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire, entering into seven categories. Dallara's Miura took first place in the "Evolution of the Supercar Pin-ups" class, surpassing seven other iconic supercars including a Ford GT40 and Ferrari F40.
- RELATEDFifty Years Ago, the First Miura Stormed the Gates of MonacoOn this day, half a century ago, a man named Bob had the best day at work ever.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Lamborghini Miura Dash Through the SnowLamborghini all-wheel-drive shenanigans before Lambos went all-wheel-drive.READ NOW
- RELATEDNow's Your Chance To Own A Vintage Lamborghini… Tractor?Before the Miura, before the 350GT... there was this.READ NOW
- RELATEDWith Lamborghini PoloStorico, Sant’Agata Opens Its Own Classics Restoration ShopNo, it has nothing to do with Ralph Lauren, or ponies.READ NOW
- RELATEDLamborghini Displays Trio of Sexy Custom Supercars During Monterey Car WeekThis rare collection of special edition Lambos were quite a sight at Pebble Beach.READ NOW