The Very First Nissan 350Z Is for Sale in Texas
But is it worth the $48,500 asking price?
The Nissan 350Z might not be everyone’s favorite Z car, but it’s certainly one of the most significant. When the 350Z arrived on the scene in 2002 (for model year 2003), it marked the return of Nissan’s sports car for the masses following the absence that occurred when they stopped selling its predecessor, the beloved 300ZX, in the U.S. in 1996. It was a radical change in styling for the Z car—for better or worse—and it set the stage for the fantastic 370Z that’s still soldiering on today.
Now you can own the very first production Nissan 350Z, No. 0001, which is for sale at Don Davis Nissan in Arlington, Texas. (Don’t worry: this part of Texas wasn’t impacted by the ruthless Hurricane Harvey.) Not only is this the first 350Z, but it’s barely been driven; according to the dealer photos, it only has 173 miles on the clock.
Still not impressed? It’s also fully loaded. This is about the nicest 350Z money could buy in 2002. It has the Track Package, which includes Brembo brakes, Rays lightweight wheels, navigation, leather seats, and Bose premium audio. The amenities and performance upgrades are pretty darn good, especially by early-2000s standards.
As you might imagine of any car with under 200 miles on it, this thing is in showroom condition. It’s getting harder and harder to find a clean, stock 350Z and this very well could be the cleanest example for sale in the U.S. right now.
The asking price is $48,500. Is the first Nissan 350Z worth almost $50k, or is Don Davis Nissan too optimistic?
- RELATEDHow to Tune a 'GT-R Killer' Nissan 350ZWatch a street tune 350Z by Powerhouse Amuse destroy the 600-hp MCR R34 Skyline GT-R.READ NOW
- RELATEDNissan Showcases Special 2018 370Z and Other Historic Cars at Annual Z ConventionCould this be a hint at the next Z car?READ NOW
- RELATEDNissan Z Concept Slated For Debut at 2017 Tokyo ShowThe new Z concept will eventually replace the eight-year-old, outgoing 370Z.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Nissan 370Z Heritage Edition Reminds Us This Car Still ExistsNissan celebrates 50 years of the Z-car...two years early.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhy Are Datsun 240Zs Shooting Up in Value?The affordable sports coupe of the 1970s sure is expensive now.READ NOW