Any Tesla Could Be Your Tesla, Thanks to Driver Profiles Saved in the Cloud
Driver profiles will remember all of your personal settings and bring them to any Tesla you happen to be driving.
You know how when you buy a new smartphone, you can transfer all of your apps, contacts, and pictures from your old phone thanks to cloud storage? Tesla is trying to make that happen with cars. Elon Musk's car company has a plan to set up their customers with personalized driver profiles for the many adjustable preferences in a vehicle, like seat and steering wheel position, map settings, and radio preferences. That means if you have a family with multiple Teslas—or if you’re borrowing someone else’s Tesla through a car-sharing arrangement, you’ll be able to hop in and have all of your own settings ready to go by entering your profile information. And you thought memory seats were fancy.
Like many Tesla announcements, this one happened via Elon Musk’s Twitter page. Someone asked Musk on Twitter if it would be possible to have profiles for different work locations in the navigation interface. Musk responded thusly:
There were several excited responses praising the idea, but of course, there were people making jokes about machines and artificial intelligence getting too smart.
This would not only be handy for multi-Tesla families, but for ride-sharing. There’s a lot of hype around the idea of ride-sharing replacing car ownership in the future, especially in urban areas; hopping in a shared vehicle and already having all of your settings where you want them would be extremely convenient.
Customizability is an important part of consumer products like smartphones. It only makes sense for Tesla to adopt it...since it's a tech company as much as it's a car company.
- RELATEDElon Musk Turns Driver's Twitter Comment From Tweet to Vehicular FeatureThis is exactly why Tesla is disrupting the industry.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla Is Focusing on Major Urban Charging ExpansionTesla plans to sell more Model 3s by making charging easier.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla Continues Growth to Double its Fremont Plant in SizeThe reasons behind Tesla's expansion is unfolding.READ NOW
- RELATEDSee the Tesla Model 3's Easter Eggs in ActionModel 3 owner and Tesla board member Steve Jurvetson gives us a tour of the car's more whimsical features.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 97 Year Old Man Digs the Tesla Model SEven the old timers can jive with EVs.READ NOW