This 97 Year Old Man Digs the Tesla Model S
Even the old timers can jive with EVs.
Not everyone is aboard the EV train, and that's especially true when it comes to older generations. Whether it's range anxiety or lack of faith in the new fangled tech, they just don't seem to click. But sometimes, there's a break in the trend, as is the case with this 97 year old Canadian man who took a spin in his grandson's Tesla Model S.
When the two first sat down to talk about the car, the grandpa was obviously intrigued by the concept. Seeing as he was around when the automobile went mainstream, this surely isn't the first time he's seen revolutionary transportation. Additionally, he asked in-depth questions about the car rather than dismissing the idea all together, which in turn blew his mind, as you can see in the clip.
During their drive around the block, the 97 year old charmer got his first taste of electric torque; needless to say, he was impressed --wide eyes and heavy breathing were enough to tip us off on that. He said "You have to have a parachute to drive this car!" with a smile on his face, giving an overall good first impression.
No matter if Tesla is around in another century, the concept of electric cars doesn't seem to be going anywhere. And we can only imagine what will be around by the year 2100, so if that means tractor beams or teleportation, it's cool by us.
- RELATED83-Year-Old Man's Birthday Wish to Ride in a Lamborghini Comes TrueTurns out, you're never too old to have your best birthday ever.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This 'Old Man' Headbang to Metallica Behind the WheelIf you can think of a better way to start your weekend, we're all ears.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Old Man and the V: ‘I was all giggly, until I threw up.’'V' as in 'victory,' as John Force's losing streak comes to an end.READ NOW
- RELATEDI Mashed an Old Man's Mailbox and It Mashed BackA cautionary tale involving audio equalizers, Toyotas and a precipitous drop in driver confidence.READ NOW
- RELATED79-Year-Old Woman Cited for Driving Her Porsche 149 MPHShe told the officers that she "couldn't sleep."READ NOW