Extremely Purple, One-Off McLaren 720S Presented to Wealthy Client at Pebble Beach
Awesome paint scheme, or terrible taste? Doesn't matter: the guy bought the rights to the color too.
Ah, Monterey Car Week. Gearheads flock to California every summer for the annual gathering surrounding the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, where some of the finest cars in the world are presented. Vehicles on display range from immaculate vintage roadsters to the newest and rarest hyper cars. However, the car McLaren Automotive is most excited to showcase is neither of those. The company will instead show off a one-off 720S in a bold new color scheme, a strange combination considering the all-new 720S is designed to be anything but rare.
McLaren released details about its custom 720S days before the car will be given to the owner. Built by McLaren Special Operations, this 720S will go on display at Pebble Beach Concours on August 20th, where McLaren CEO Mike Flewitt will hand the keys to entrepreneur and car collector Michael Fux. And that's not all—they're also handing over the exclusive rights to use that color on any McLaren going forward.
This 720S' exterior paint forgoes the signature McLaren Orange in favor of a distinct purple called "Fux Fuchsia," designed by Rolls-Royce per Mr. Fux' request. This shade can be found around the entire car, from parts of the interior to accents on the alloy wheels. The color is paired with a white leather interior with white Alcantara, making for a truly unique color combination.
Whether you like the color or not, Michael Fux is a seasoned McLaren collector, having owned two custom MP4-12Cs and a green P1.
Concours attendees can catch the Fux Fuchsia 720S on display at the Concept Lawn this Sunday.
- RELATEDKoenigsegg’s Prince-Inspired Purple Regera Is PerfectionPrince can make even a 1,500 horsepower supercar sexier.READ NOW
- RELATEDMcLaren 720S Headed to Italian Open-Air Car ShowThe 720S will show off its looks at an event in Italy, and try to impress the supercar capital with its British charm.READ NOW
- RELATEDMcLaren Is Live-Building a Lego 720S Supercar at the Goodwood Festival of SpeedThe 1:1 scale brick-based replica will apparently weigh at least 300 pounds more than the real thing.READ NOW
- RELATEDNew BMW Z4 Concept All But Revealed Ahead of Pebble Beach DebutBMW posts a very generous teaser of its return to roadsters.READ NOW
- RELATEDUnwrapping the First Customer Bugatti Chiron in the U.S.It's like opening Christmas presents, but better.READ NOW