The Step2 McLaren 570S Push Sports Car Is an Adorable Supercar Toy for Kids
The cost to get behind the wheel of a McLaren just went way down.
Toymaker Step2 has collaborated with McLaren Automotive to create the cutest and cheapest vehicle in the McLaren lineup. It’s called the Step2 McLaren 570S Push Sports Car, and it’s a little buggy for little car enthusiasts. This pint-sized supercar just made its debut at the Spielwarenmesse toy fair in Nuremberg, Germany.
It doesn’t have the amazing twin-turbo V-8 that the real 570S has, but it does have more cupholders than the real car. The driver of the buggy gets two cupholders, while the person pushing it gets one. It also has an easy-fold handle for easy storage and transport and what Step2 calls "Whisper Wheels"—which, presumably, are very quiet.
The amenities don’t end there. There’s a big cargo area under the solo seat for storing necessities like toys and snacks. The driver also gets an audible taste of the McLaren experience with buttons on the steering wheel that make electronic sounds. (The press release doesn’t say if it makes genuine McLaren sounds, but that's what we would love to hear from this toy.)
The Step2 push car is part of a growing licensing program at McLaren. It's an effort to make McLaren a household name like Porsche or Ferrari, by putting their name and image on more consumer products. We’re not sure if the Lego 720S they brought to Goodwood was for kids or adults...but I know I’m one of many adults who thought that was really cool.
The Step2 McLaren 570S Push Sports Car will be available this fall in Ventura Orange with more color options to follow for just $79.99. Not a bad price for a McLaren.
- RELATEDThis Time-Lapse of a Life-Size Lego McLaren 720S Build is Hypnotic to Watch2,000 man hours, 280,000 bricks, and a whole lot of coffee.READ NOW
- RELATEDIs the McLaren 570S the Ultimate Performance Bargain?Starting at $190,000 today, will depreciation allow the entry-level McLaren a shot at dissuading future 911 customers?READ NOW
- RELATEDThis $97,000 Kid-Sized Ferrari Testarossa is the Most Expensive Toy You Can BuyThe only problem is it's not a V-12.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe McLaren 570S Is Kicking Down Porsche’s Front DoorMcLaren’s newest rewrites old supercar logic. Quickly.READ NOW
- RELATEDMcLaren 570S Spider Drops, Is Unquestionably SexyAll of the fun of the Sport Series, now with a retractable top.READ NOW