Chevrolet Debuts Technology-Rich Tahoe Custom Edition
The special-edition Tahoe will start at $44,995.
The Chevrolet Tahoe is a staple of General Motors' truck lineup, offering a signature American V-8 and full-size SUV characteristics. Now, Chevrolet is introducing the Tahoe Custom, an SUV full of tech that retails below the base Tahoe's MSRP.
Chevrolet unveiled the first-ever details on Tuesday about the 2018 Tahoe Custom Edition, a special package for the base Tahoe LS. Instead of increasing the price like packages usually do, the Custom starts at $44,995, about $2,200 cheaper than the regular LS. To differentiate it from the base Tahoe, it gets painted 18-inch aluminum wheels with all-season tires, a removable third row of seats, and a chrome grill. The Tahoe Custom features Chevy's 5.3-liter, 355-horsepower V-8 and 6,600 pounds of towing capacity. Buyers can opt for either rear-wheel or four-wheel drive, as well as the Max Trailering package to increase towing capacity to 8,600 pounds.
The Tahoe Custom comes standard with plenty of driver comforts and technology, including up to five USB ports and an eight-inch MyLink infotainment system with Android Auto/Apple Carplay. It also features remote start and a rear-view camera.
Chevy is giving all of its family-oriented models a full safety upgrade and the Tahoe Custom is no exception. It will receive the innovative Teen Driver system and can be equipped with the Enhanced Driver Alert Package, featuring Lane Keep Assist, Low-Speed Automatic Braking, and Forward Collision Alerts.
At around $45,000, the Tahoe custom is a solid value, considering that it gets many features found in higher Tahoe trims for far less money. The SUV will be available this September in dealerships across America.
- RELATEDThe Redesigned 2018 Chevrolet Traverse Will Cost At Least $30,875Chevy's redesigned full-size crossover gets bolder styling, best-in-class cargo space, and a price tag.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 High Country Is a Gateway-Drug PickupIt's the perfect stepping stone for someone looking to move from an SUV to a big rig.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevy Equinox Diesel Is More Efficient Than Its Hybrid CompetitionThis Chevy is now officially more efficient than the hybrid variants of the Toyota RAV4 and Nissan Rogue.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevy Equinox Diesel Starts at $31,435The price gets a little steep, but it's more efficient than its hybrid rivals.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevrolet's Surround Vision Technology Could Save LivesChevy has developed car tech to prevent injuries sustained in residential areas.READ NOW