The 2018 Honda HR-V Will Start at $19,570
Isn't a subcompact crossover just a hatchback? Honda says no.
The subcompact crossover segment is hotter than ever this days - with the regular crossover boom still in full swing, prospective buyers are starting to look at smaller options for city-driving, and for some reason, many won't settle for a regular hatchback. With that in mind, Honda says that the second generation HR-V had a amazing 30% sales leap this year, becoming the most successful compact SUV sold in the US by April. Now the HR-V is getting some improvements for the 2018 model year.
Honda North America stated in a press release Friday that the new HR-V will arrive at American dealerships on August 14th with new features. Honda is especially proud of its Magic Seat technology that allows multiple cargo positions and up to 100 ft cu.-ft of cargo space, competing with some midsize SUVs for interior room. Available on all trims is the new Aegean Blue Metallic color, designed to make the HR-V look sportier and more eye-catching.
Speaking of sporty, the Honda claims the new HR-V will have better performance and handling with its 1.8-liter, i-VTEC-infused engine making 141 horsepower and all-wheel-drive on some models. It also boasts an EPA-estimated 31-mpg fuel economy, making the HR-V a pretty efficient choice. The HR-V comes with a CVT on all models and 6-speed manual on select front-wheel drive variants.
All trims come standard with Honda's host of driver and safety assists, including a multiple-angle rearview camera, Hill Start Assist, Vehicle Stability Assist, and Emergency Braking.
The base model HR-V LX starts at $19,570 and a fully-loaded HR-V EX with navigation and all-wheel drive with cost you just $26,340. If you're in the market for a handsome compact SUV, the HR-V might be worth a look.
- RELATED2018 Honda Odyssey Available to Order Thursday, Starts at $29,990Do you have multiple children, think crossovers are overplayed, and still appreciate well-weighted steering? Honda's got the van for you.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Honda Ridgeline Is Available Now at $29,630This is the perfect car for " summer tailgating," Honda said.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2018 Honda Fit Gets a Fresh Look, New Sport TrimHonda reveals the newest version of its award-winning hatchback, featuring sportier styling and new options.READ NOW
- RELATEDToyota Ad Campaign Recruits Fairytales and Youtube Stars for the C-HRToyota's new ad goes a bit overboard with its compact crossover.READ NOW
- RELATEDSay Hello to the Jaguar E-Pace Compact CrossoverWe'd guess that it will soon become the brand's best-selling model.READ NOW