Uber Is Giving Away Ice Cream to Win Back Your Heart
With a couple caveats, of course.
Uber is giving away free ice cream and to get it, all you have to do is request an ice cream through the Uber app on Friday. If you get matched, presumably a car or maybe a truck of some kind carrying ice cream will deliver a free ice cream right to you and up to four friends. And it comes in a limited edition plastic refillable Uber cone with will entitle you to free ice cream each Friday until September 22.
Except: not everyone gets an ice cream because this only happening in 11 North American cities. The Uber cone isn't really limited edition as everyone who gets an ice cream will get one. The ice cream isn't really ice cream, it's soft serve. To get your free ice cream each Friday, you have to go to a McDonalds to get it, and again it's not really ice cream.
Uber pre-populated Instagram with #UberIceCream posts for you to see how amazing your free soft serve will make you look. These posts should probably be labeled as "sponsored content" as these beautiful people with their perfect soft serve photographs all seemed to get their free soft serve days ago. We won't even get into the ethics of unlabeled "sponsored posts" here. That is a whole different can of worms.
If you live in Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Atlanta, New York, Miami, Dallas, San Francisco, Toronto, Boston, or Seattle and want some free soft serve, this is your lucky day. Just remember that your soft serve won't look this good, no matter how hard you try. Also, it is highly doubtful that the ice cream truck will be giving you a ride anywhere. The poor souls working in it are going to hear that joke all day long, so don't be that person.
- RELATEDUber Investor Benchmark Sues Former CEO Travis KalanickThe suit alleges Kalanick committed fraud, and could get him kicked off the Uber board.READ NOW
- RELATEDNo, Travis Kalanick Won't Return As Uber CEO, Co-Founder SaysUber board member and co-creator Garrett Camp told employees as much in an email on Monday.READ NOW
- RELATEDUber Leased More Than 1,000 Defective Hondas to Drivers In SingaporeOne of the cars caught fire.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Uber Driver Robs Passenger—But Should He Have Been Driving for Uber in the First Place?28-year-old Alexander Troy had multiple pending suspensions on his license in the year prior to his arrest.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Uber CEO Travis Kalanick Be a Massive Dick to His Uber Driver“Some people don't like to take responsibility for their own shit," Kalanick says to his driver. "They blame everything in their life on somebody else. Good luck!”READ NOW