Mercedes-Maybach 6 Convertible Previewed, Coming to Pebble Beach
Mercedes reportedly plans on bringing the long-hooded two-doors into production, going up against the Wraiths and Dawns of the world.
Mercedes-Benz's Chief Design Officer Gorden Wagener took to Instagram last week, teasing us with the promise of a "very beautiful" new concept car coming very soon. Now, the German automaker is tantalizing us even further, dropping a short video in which a select number of details from the upcoming show car can be seen.
From what we can tell, the details seen here such as the interior and wheels look pretty much identical to that of the Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6—Merc's 738-horsepower electric, gullwing doored show car from last year's Pebble Beach Concours—leading us to believe that this is very likely to be a drop-top version of that car.
I don't know about you, but all I see when I look at the picture above is Cruella DeVil's next car.
Anywho, Autocar reports that Mercedes-Maybach plans to bring the 6 Coupe and Cabrio to production someday, taking the fight directly to the Rolls-Royce Wraith and Dawn. Insiders also tell the British publication that Mercedes intends to bring back bespoke coachbuilding, offering new levels of customization to Maybach 6 customers. Something tells me Cruella's gonna want hers upholstered in white with spots of black.
The Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance kicks off August 17.
- RELATEDMercedes-Benz Design Boss Teases 'Beautiful' New Concept on InstagramThe "big surprise" of a show car is expected to debut at Pebble Beach this month.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Mercedes-Maybach G650 Landaulet Is the Most Expensive SUV Ever MadeAnd we love it for that.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Mercedes-Maybach S550: 7 Reasons Why We Love This $166,200 OligarchmobileHow do you make a Maybach? Take a Mercedes S-Class by either end, stretch it out, and then deck it out in all the stuff.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2016 Rolls-Royce Dawn Is the Urbanite’s Antidote to CampingOr: How to win the “Best Uncle” award.READ NOW
- RELATEDJon Olsson Swaps His Lambo for a 810-HP, Rally-Ready Rolls-Royce WraithIt's everything a Rolls-Royce shouldn't be—and that's exactly how he likes it.READ NOW