2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Details Leaked
There's still room for speculation, but this is the most official data yet on the new Wrangler.
The rabid Jeep enthusiasts at JLWranglerForums.com have apparently verified that the all-new 2018 Wrangler JL is in the Fiat Chrysler dealer system and have also leaked a mass of details about the upcoming off-roader.
Let’s start with the engines. We’re going from one engine option to three with the EC3 2.0-liter direct injected turbo-four, the ERC 3.6-liter V-6, and the EXJ turbo diesel V-6. Many bases are covered with a gas-sipper, a long-rumored diesel, and an old fashioned V-6. Transmission options are a six-speed manual or an eight-speed automatic.
The trims we know as of now are actually pretty sparse, especially compared to the multitude of JK trims.According to what we're seeing here, the JL will have the Sport, Sahara, and Rubicon available. However, for the first time, the Sahara trim will apparently only be available on the four-door Wrangler Unlimited. The other two trims you’ll be able to get with either two or four doors. Presumably, not enough people bought two-door JK Saharas to justify their continuation.
We also see a long list of “groups” of option bundles available. One of the most interesting ones listed is the Heavy Duty Electrical Group which JL Wrangler Forums speculates adds an upgraded battery and alternator along with auxiliary control switches we've seen in spy shots and/or CB radio wiring.
There will be a new black powder soft top available and the premium soft top and premium sunrider soft tops will be available in black or tan to further customize your JL. Speaking of colors, here are the paint options listed;
- Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat
- Acid Yellow Clear Coat
- Firecracker Red
- Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
- Bright White Clear Coat
- Black Clear Coat
- Nacho Clear Coat
There are too many other options and packages to list here. Head over to JLWranglerForums.com to see more details and join them in their enthusiastic speculation.
- RELATEDNew 2018 Jeep Wrangler Spy Shots Show…The Same Old Jeep WranglerAmerica's most capable box abides.READ NOW
- RELATEDJeep Dealer Meeting Reveals A Lot About 2018 WranglerFrom Power Sliding Hard Tops to electronic start-stop, this meeting tells all.READ NOW
- RELATEDJL Wrangler Forums Releases Renderings of Future Jeep PickupThe pickup will allegedly closely resemble the 2018 Wrangler.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Jeep Wrangler Interior Spy Shots Show Serious RedesignLong gone are the days where you could mop out your Jeep.READ NOW
- RELATEDNew 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Images LeakedFull images of the hotly-anticipated off-roader landed on a Jeep forum Wednesday morning.READ NOW