Mercedes-Benz Design Boss Teases 'Beautiful' New Concept on Instagram
The "big surprise" of a show car is expected to debut at Pebble Beach this month.
Get ready for a new, three-point-starred surprise sometime this summer.
Mercedes-Benz Chief Design Officer Gorden Wagener took to Instagram to tease an upcoming show car set to debut this summer—most likely at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance sometime in August. In the short behind-the-scenes clip, Wagener is seen in the German automaker's Sindelfingen design studio working alongside a couple of Advanced Design guys on a radical looking concept they describe as "another icon for the brand," "a big surprise," and "very beautiful."
A gander at the sketches on the table shows an intricate-looking seven-spoke wheel seemingly taken off of the Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 and a front grille design reminiscent of Merc's Concept IAA from a couple of years ago. In case you forgot, that's the one that looks like an electric shaver with blades that somehow light up.
Before you ask, that long, red coupe in the background looks is also the Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6, the firm's big (literally and figuratively) Pebble Beach show car from last year.
- RELATEDHere’s Our First Look at Mercedes-Benz’s Futuristic Electric Concept CarThe full reveal will come at the Paris Motor Show.READ NOW
- RELATEDBMW Teases a New RoadsterWhat do you think it is?READ NOW
- RELATEDWatching a Disgusting 1985 Mercedes-Benz 190 E Get Fully Detailed Is Like TherapyIs that... is that algae?READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Mercedes-AMG GT R Review: Drivers, Prepare to Laugh HystericallyThe Beast of the Green Hell slaps a smile on its driver's face like few other cars can.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Is the 700-HP Audi Quattro Concept That Should've BeenWhen competition was intense, and innovation was demanded.READ NOW