2018 Mazda3 Starts at $18,095
Mazda's handsome compact car gets lots of new features, even on base models.
Mazda USA announced pricing and options for the 2018 Mazda3 on Wednesday and appears to be most proud of the abundance of features on its basic trim.
The Mazda3 will get 3 trim levels, including the base Sport, mid-tier Touring, and fully-loaded Grand Touring models. All trims will get Mazda's trick G-Vectoring system and Smart City Brake Support and will come in both a sedan and five-door hatchback with a choice of Mazda's SKYACTIV-MT or SKYACTIV-DRIVE transmissions. Owners can choose from three colors, including Soul Red Metallic, Snowflake White Pearl Mica, and Machine Gray Metallic.
The Mazda3 Sport starts at $18,095 and gets a seven-inch MAZDA CONNECT infotainment system, push-button start, keyless entry, power mirrors/windows, cloth seats, and Bluetooth phone integration. Customers can opt for the $1000 Sport Preferred Equipment package for alloy wheels, heated mirrors, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Blind Spot Monitoring, and a better interior trim.
The Mazda3 Touring might be a better buy, starting at $20,090 at getting a 29-horsepower bump to 184 horses and a 2.5-liter SKYACTIV-G engine. The Touring trim also gets synthetic leather seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel, full power interior, dual-zone climate control, premium audio options, plus all features from the Sport's Equipment package.
Mazda's $23,145 Grand Touring trim gets a full leather interior, Head-Up Display, LED lighting, and a package that includes Mazda's full host of safety assists and more.
The 2018 Mazda3 is available in some dealerships now and across the U.S. later this month.
- RELATEDMazda Is the Safest Automaker, IIHS SaysMazda is the only automaker to achieve the safety institute's top honor with every single car it makes.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Mazda3 5-Door Grand Touring Review: The Compact Car, Perfectly ExecutedMazda's hatchback does everything a car needs to do and almost everything you want it to—and it does it all with style.READ NOW
- RELATEDMazda Calls Mazdaspeed Variants “Childish”If you were waiting for a turbocharged Mazda3, Mazda says they're too mature for that now.READ NOW
- RELATEDCritic’s Notebook: 2016 Mazda 3Quieter, richer and better than a car this basic has a right to be.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Mazda3 Grand Touring is the Working Man’s HeroThe legendary Japanese hatchback comes in for the Prolechariot up-down.READ NOW