What You Need to Know About Create the Future 2017
How would you create the future for $20,000?
Not everyone knows about the Society of Automotive Engineers, but people all over the world benefit from the organization's work. The SAE is, “the ultimate knowledge source for mobility engineering.” It is also a supporter of the Create the Future Contest. Started by a subsidiary of the SAE known as the Tech Briefs Media Group in 2002, the Create the Future strives to inspire the innovative and creative sides of all of us. The Tech Briefs Media Group works through the SAE to offer a variety of print and electronic media to deliver, “unparalleled coverage of the design engineering market across multiple disciplines.”
Sponsored primarily by COMSOL, Mouser Electronics, Analog Devices, and Intel, the Create the Future contest strives to encourage innovative and forward-thinking products and ideas. COMSOL is an internationally-recognized simulation software developer for product design projects. Mouser Electronics, an electronics distributor geared towards electrical engineers, is also a Berkshire Hathaway Company. Analog Devices is known as a world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology. Although it does not need much of an introduction, Intel is the world’s largest semiconductor manufacturer, and produces some of the most advanced computer processors in the world. Other sponsors include Schneider Electric, Zeus, Hewlett-Packard, and NVIDIA.
Potential innovations come from around the world and span a wide gamut of industries, including the automotive industry. Furthermore, winners have ranged from the employees of large multinational companies for projects like Castrol NEXCEL, to smaller projects spearheaded by individuals like the Rowheel propulsion system, a rethinking of wheelchair mobility.
With so many different categories and opportunities to showcase ideas and achievements, potential designers, engineers, and entrepreneurs have plenty of time and incentive to show what they are capable of. There is nothing to lose, except maybe anonymity, and thousands of dollars worth of support to gain. If you think you can create the future, give it a shot!
- RELATEDOregon Man Fined $500 for Criticizing Red Light Cameras, Not Being an EngineerState Board claims only licensed engineers can publicly engage in "mathematical criticism" of its traffic technology.READ NOW
- RELATEDInfiniti Engineering Academy Now Taking Applications For 2017Do you have what it takes to make it as part of a Formula 1 team? Here's you're chance.READ NOW
- RELATEDAlex Hitzinger, Former Porsche LMP1 Engineer, Poached By AppleWith years of Formula 1 and LMP1 experience, what could Apple possibly need his talents for?READ NOW
- RELATEDChevrolet FNR-X Concept Is the Do-All Car of the FutureThat is, if Chevy actually makes it—and it can do what Chevy says it can.READ NOW
- RELATEDMaserati’s Engineering Boss Thinks Teslas Are Weak as HellSo he's going to build his own.READ NOW