Meet Elextra, the New Electric Swiss Supercar
Still in its concept phase, it claims to be quicker than a Tesla P100D.
There’s a new dog in the electric supercar fight. The latest entry is from a new company called Elextra, which plans to launch a car by the same name next year. A Swiss supercar that's built by hand in Germany with Italian looks sounds pretty promising, and the CEO of the firm that designed it spoke with Autocar about the details.
To start, it won’t be easy to get your hands on one - they’re only planning on making 100 of them. And though it’s still in the concept phase, Classic Design CEO Robert Palm shared a few projected stats on what the car will be able to do.
Two electric motors will power all four wheels making a combined peak of 680 horsepower. The car will rocket from 0-62 mph in under 2.3 seconds with a top speed of just 155 mph, and range at highway speeds will be about 373 miles.
Finally, there’s the price. This car is expected to sell for around a half-million dollars when it goes on sale in 2019. Elextra is hoping to have a working prototype about a year from now to prove their lofty claims.
The concept that’s been revealed has an exotic look, but also four doors. It’s sort of a liftback sedan, kind of like the Tesla Model S, but it still has the look of a supercar. The body, structure, and wheels are all carbon fiber to save weight.
- RELATEDRide Along as the Nio EP9 Electric Supercar Runs the Nurburgring in 6:45.9Well, it's as close as you can get to the real thing while staring at a computer monitor.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Ludicrous Plus Tesla Model S P100D Set a World RecordSporting the Ludicrous Plus upgrade, this P100D crosses the quarter mile in 10.72 seconds, setting a stock sedan record—and spanking a 640-horsepower Cadillac CTS-V in the process.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche Mission E Concept: ‘E’ Is for ‘Elon, Get a Look at This’How much more ludicrous can it get? The answer is none. None more ludicrous.READ NOW
- RELATEDElectric Car Startup Nio Announces ES8 Production SUVNio, a new electric startup from China, announces its new SUV—and leaves us with more questions than answers.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Tesla Model S P100D Is Here, Does 0-60 In 2.5 SecondsTesla claiming it's the quickest production car currently on sale in the world.READ NOW