Andy Murray Will Reveal Jaguar XF Sportbrake Wagon on June 14th
Jag doubles down on the tennis partnership, serving up the XF Sportbrake with help from the #1 player in the world.
Jaguar first teased the upcoming XF Sportbrake wagon by painting its silhouette on the Wimbledon tennis court, them acting as the event's official car partner. Today, the British automaker doubles down on the tennis partnership, announcing a June 14th reveal with assistance from the number one-ranked tennis player in the world (as of this writing), Andy Murray.
To further tease the new mid-size luxury wagon, Jag cooked up a video with a premise almost as reaching as the first one. Two years ago, one Susan MacCormick tweeted a picture of a remote-looking, Scottish island tennis court to the three-time Grand Slam winner jokingly suggesting it as a venue for the next ATP World Tour, to which he responded thusly.
To answer this two-year old inquiry, Jaguar decided to pick Susan up a tennis ball camo-wrapped XF Sportbrake driven by tennis star Tim Henman and find out for themselves.
We'll give Jag's marketing and PR people points for creativity and production value, I guess. For those that can't watch the video because your office is no fun and blocks YouTube, we get a decent look at the XF Sportbrake's front end and profile, but Jaguar (slyly) doesn't include any shots of the car's more utilitarian back end. Perhaps Susan got a picture of it from the day and could tweet it to us?
- RELATEDJaguar XF Sportbrake Wagon Coming This SummerJag teases the estate version of the XF executive sedan with a video...about tennis.READ NOW
- RELATEDCritics’ Notebook: 2016 Jaguar XF-STired of Audi and Mercedes? Here’s your challenge to the established order.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Jaguar XF R-Sport Diesel Will Soften Brexit's BlowPlenty of comfort, plenty of cruising power, plenty of good looks, the Jaguar XF R-Sport Diesel is a sweet ride at any time.READ NOW
- RELATEDNew Jaguar XF Whips Up a German BloodfeastSecond generation of aluminum-bodied luxury sedan preys on Teutons.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch The Drive Staff Interrogate Mike Spinelli on Everything Jaguar for 10 Whole MinutesIt's time to find out what our staff Jaguar lover really knows.READ NOW