The ABT Audi R8 V-10 Plus Looks Dangerous AF
Better exhausts and a sharp body kit make it seem especially dastardly.
The Audi R8 V-10 Plus is menacingly fast. It shares all of the right parts with the Lamborghini Huracan, including its stellar V-10 engine, helping it to 200 MPH speeds and sing like a high-strung violin. Some say that it looks a bit tame, maybe withdrawing itself from the outlandish supercar category—but ABT has fixed that. The Audi R8 now has the profile to match its powertrain, and with an even louder exhaust system and brash body accents, it's more of a handful than ever.
Power upgrades include a reworked tailpipe set-up with dual carbon exhaust tips. According to ABT, this increases power to 630 horsepower—a 20 HP increase over stock. It also strengthens the R8's biggest advantage, the linear and naturally aspirated engine. Thanks to its lack of turbos and superchargers, the Audi remains as one of the few supercars to produce big power figures atmospherically.
ABT also shaved 50 pounds from the R8, lowering it to a sub-3,400 pound curb weight. That may sound heavy, but the quattro all wheel drive system takes up a lot of space underneath. Additionally, the four wheel power delivery helps the car to reach a 0-60 MPH time under 3 seconds again and again. Updated acceleration times haven't been announced, but expect them to be a touch quicker than stock.
The car's suspension has also been fitted with a pair of in-house built coilovers to deal with the extra power load. The R8 is a strong handler already, so this could potentially make it an even more impressive bit of kit.
What do you think of the ABT R8? Check out the photos here and let us know in the comments or on The Drive's Facebook page.
- RELATEDWatch This 2017 Audi R8 V10 Spyder Barrel up the Mountains in MonacoThe POV video was shot during 2017 Top Marques MonacoREAD NOW
- RELATEDWatch the 2019 Audi S7 Get Thrashed at the NurburgringAudi's beloved sloped rear-end sedan has a big upgrade on the way.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Film Details Audi's 20th Century Motorsports DominanceQuattro defined "Vorsprung durch Technik" during the '80s and '90s.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a 1,400-HP Lamborghini Huracan Crush the Quarter Mile in 8.37 SecondsHard to argue with twin turbos and all-wheel-drive.READ NOW
- RELATEDItalian Highway Patrol Swears in New Lamborghini Huracan For DutyThe new Lambo will replace the Gallardo once used by the Polizia.READ NOW