You’re Full of Shit: A Drunken Argument About Tesla
Grown men drinking and fighting about cars. So Thursday.
So The Drive’s chief auto critic Lawrence Ulrich and contributing editor Alex Roy walk into a bar…
Our guys don’t always see eye-to-eye, but these two are truly at odds. Lawrence is thoroughly unimpressed by the Tesla Model X SUV, which he says is late to market, a maintenance liability and, generally, a thing made for “rich fucks in Silicon Valley.”
Alex, conversely, believes the Model X, and Tesla at large, is symbolic of something broader and more important: Progress. We put an open tab and a camera in front of them. Things got heated.
Some background: Alex used a Tesla Model S to set the electric car transcontinental driving record last year. Lawrence, documented man of the people, was on the debate team in high school and can hold his liquor with aplomb.
Twelve beers. Two goliaths. One electric car company.
The automotive barstool debate is back.
- RELATEDYou’re Full of Shit: A Drunken Argument About the New Ford GTGrown men drinking and fighting about supercars. So Tuesday.READ NOW
- RELATED10 Things I Hate About My TeslaActually, I could only get to seven things.READ NOW
- RELATEDElon Musk to Put Vegan-Friendly Seats In the Sportiest TeslasRacecar driver Leilani Münter approves; so do we.READ NOW
- RELATEDDid Elon Musk "Steal" Someone's Tesla Model S?One customer claims the company brass swiped his sedan. Here's the truth.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Tesla Releases Autopilot Mode for Model SREAD NOW