Corvette Celebrates 65 Years with Carbon 65 Trim
Chevy is only making 650 of them.
For the 2018 model year, Chevy is celebrating the Corvette’s 65th anniversary with the Corvette Carbon 65 bearing the order code Z30. As its name implies, it’s getting a bunch of carbon fiber pieces inside and out. If your local Chevy dealer manages to get their hands on one, expect to see it in the showroom this summer.
“Corvette is one of the most storied names in Chevrolet and sports car history, with a heritage few can match,” said Paul Edwards, U.S. vice president Chevrolet Marketing. “The new Carbon 65 Edition honors that legacy while offering customers another unique, special-edition model that personalizes the ownership experience.”
An aesthetic package for a Corvette Grand Sport or Z06—coupe or convertible—only 650 Carbon 65s will be built. 500 of those cars will stay in the US after rolling off the line in Bowling Green, Kentucky and 150 will be exported. That’s not very many considering there are about 3,000 Chevy dealers in the US alone.
Carbon 65 will be a $15,000 option giving you a carbon fiber spoiler, cooling ducts, ground effects, and steering wheel. The seats get black suede upholstery with blue stitching. The exterior will have a special gray paint job Chevy is calling Ceramic Matrix Gray with “Carbon 65” graphics. Convertible Carbon 65s will get a blue top.
The price range of the Carbon 65 will start at $81,490 for the Grand Sport hardtop up to $99,490 for the Z06 convertible. Not cheap, but an incredible performance bargain keeping in line with the Corvette’s proud 65-year tradition.
- RELATEDCorvette Factory Closing to Visitors Until Late 2018Can't have the tourists taking any Snapchats with the mid-engined C8.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2018 Corvette Is Getting a DOHC V-8—Is It for the Mid-Engined ‘Vette?Internal GM document reveals a new engine with a familiar name is coming to the Corvette family.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Mid-Engine Corvette Is a Terrible IdeaGreat, another supercar only the rich can afford.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Chevy Corvette ZR1 Run the Nurburgring in 7:30…With TrafficThe pride of America isn't afraid to take the 'Ring by storm.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhy I Sold My Chevy CorvetteThe ultimate longterm review of one man's beloved C5 'Vette ends in a fond farewell.READ NOW